Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Over the counter medicine instead of Bactroban 2%

Customer Question

I was prescribed Bactroban 2% ointment. What over the counter can I use instead? It has been prescribed to me but they gave me a refill prescription but CVS is saying it is too early to refill but it’s an ointment. How can you get how much to squeeze out input on each time? I was told to cover it. Well it’s after hours and I can’t get anyone on the phone at the doctor’s office and I don’t want to not put anything on it. I don’t take any BP medicine. I take Phentermine, Avortorist and Cyclobensaprene.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 4 months ago.
The closest over the counter to Bactroban is Neosporin ointment. It can be applied up to four times a day.