rx_lauren, Doctor of Pharmacy
Experience:  I have been a pharmacist for 13 years. Practice areas include retail, hospital, and long term care.

Boyfriend just had shoulder surgery, he took two perk and a

Customer Question

boyfriend just had shoulder surgery, he took two perk and a tylenol with it forgetting he was supposed to take asprin not this too much acetaminophen?? they also gave him 2-3 doses of morphine after surgery about 4 hours ago
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  rx_lauren replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, that is ok for a one time dose. There will only be a concern if he continues taking two products containing Tylenol (acetaminophen). A one time dose of two Percocet and either 1-2 Tylenol will not cause him any harm. That said, moving forward he should take either the Percocet OR the Tylenol since they both contain the Tylenol (acetaminophen). The morphine is also fine and will not cause issues with the Tylenol. Good luck to your boyfriend and hope he heals quickly! Thank you.

I also just wanted to note that the Percocet should be reserved for severe pain, and the Tylenol for milder pain. Thank you!