Dr. Cooper
Dr. Cooper, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92589141

I live in mo. And my pain management Dr lives in Iowa. It's

Customer Question

Hello, I live in mo. And my pain management Dr lives in Iowa. It's a*****one way. I had surgery in Iowa you to have hurrying rods placed from my neck to both S.I. joints. My Dr is leaving for vacation and when they made my appointment I will be filling my pain meds 8 days early. I called humanna and they said it clears for the 3 of August the day I will see my Dr. Will the pharmacy your still say it's to soon? I tried to get a new appointment but the dr had only one left on the 3 august. I just don't know what to do?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 4 months ago.
Hi there,
Please allow a moment to read and fully understand your question
I would call the pharmacy and ask to speak with the pharmacist and explain your situation. There is no reason they should not fill it a few days early.
As a pharmacist myself, I do it for patients like yourself. It is a case by case situation.

And if your doctor is OK with an early fill, pharmacy should fill it. You might have to pay out of pocket as the insurance might deny the claim, but Rx can call them to get a one time exception on that as well.

Please continue to ask any questions you might still have. If fully satisfied, then please kindly rate my answer :)

Checking back to see if you were able to get your pain medication filled?