Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

My son has an infected tooth and is on antibiotics. I gave m

Customer Question

My son has an infected tooth and is on antibiotics. I gave him orajel. He is in extreme pain and it worked great for about 10 minutes. Now he's crying again and I have to do something for him. Will orajel hurt him. He is 7 years old.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I'm Dr. Bridget.

Sorry for delay in response...I just logged in for the day and saw your question unanswered still.

Orajel can safely be used four times a day in children of his age. It will not hurt him if you'd like to give him more at this time.

If you aren't already, consider using Chidren's Ibuprofen around the clock, too. This will really give him some relief. If you tell me his weight, I would be happy to dose that out for you.

Please reply with any further questions. I'm here for you to get your problem solved.

When you're all set, a positive rating is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi! Just checking in to see how your son is doing. How is the Orajel working? Did you try the Ibuprofen? Hopefully, the info I provided on his condition was helpful to you.