William Pflugfelder
William Pflugfelder, Pharmacist
Experience:  Pharmacist at Health Care Consultants
90258775

I have arthritis in my knees and want to take a supplement.

Customer Question

I have arthritis in my knees and want to take a supplement. I've been looking at Move Free joint health. It is 1 pill per day with collagen + Boron. Before I start taking it, my dr. suggested that I ask a pharmacist to see if it interact with my current medications. I take synthroid, metoprolol and simvastatin. I was told not to take anything within 3 hrs. after taking my meds. I use to take glucosamine; but thought these tablest were coated and only 1 per day. Thank you in advance for any help help you can provide.
Elaine
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  William Pflugfelder replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the question. There should be no problem taking move free. You are right that you should take your thyroid on an empty stomach and wait atleast an hour before taking other meds. Follow suggested dosr on the move free. Glucosamine is ok but needs to havecodroitin also. Hope helpful. DrBillRPh