Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you

Have been suffering depression months. 't have insurance and

Customer Question

Have been suffering depression for few months. don't have insurance and am trying to order Prozac for temporary relief. or the generic version. ?? need prescription on all sites ive seen.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 4 months ago.

Hi Brian,

Prozac is by prescription only, so unfortunately there is no way around seeing a doctor to get it.

I can recommend some OTC treatments, like St. Johns Wort that you can get without a prescription. This herb has been used with success in treating depression and can be purchased online or at a drug store near you.

Please let me know if this has been helpful to you. I understand you were probably hoping to get a prescription, so just let me know if you'll be needing a refund. If you'd like to continue, though, just reply and I will be more than happy to help. Thanks!