Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I have a cut inside my nose that won't go away last 5

Customer Question

I have a cut inside my nose that won't go away for the last 5 months.. A message board suggested mupirocin, so was trying to find a OTC substitute
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Since January.. I was in Banff Canada over xmas.... Very cold and dry conditions. It heals and comes back longer and deeper. Can breathe fine, just hurts like the worst kind of paper cut
JA: Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 8 months ago.

The best OTC equivalent is polysporin ointment. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.