Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you

Is Remeron a good choice as far as an antidepressant with

Customer Question

Is Remeron a good choice as far as an antidepressant with little to no side effects go. All the other antidepressants I've tried make me nauseous. I am pregnant right now in my second trimester and am already putting up with a lot of nausea already plus have a fear of vomiting. I read that Remeron is actually taken sometimes to treat nausea and vomiting. Could this possibly help my depression, anxiety, and nausea?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. Remeron is pregnancy category C, meaning it could be used in pregnancy provided its used is warranted. Though remeron is not approved for nause, some studies have shown positive results that it can be helpful in that regards. So definitely talk to your doctor about getting prescription for remeron.