Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

What otc can i use swollen eye due to a reaction to lash

Customer Question

what otc can i use for a swollen eye due to a reaction to lash extensions
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: vision fine
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Pharmacist can help you best.
Customer: i woke with a swollen eye this morning, no warning. just had lash extentions put on. was given prednisone, but was just wondering if there was a cream to keep my eye from swelling
JA: Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 5 months ago.

Hi! Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Bridget.

There are no OTC creams for the eye for swelling, but the following will help tremendously in addition to your prednisone:

An antihistamine eye drop like Visine A allergy relief eye drops 2 drops four times a day will help with swelling form the eye lash extension.

You can also take Naproxen (Aleve) OTC 1 tablet every 12 hours and a cold compress four times day will also help bring down inflammation.

You should start to notice improvement within just a day or two of using this regimen.

Please feel free to ask any further questions. I am happy to help!

If you're all done for now, a positive rating is very much appreciated. Thank you!