Dr. Riaz
Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy
Experience:  Pharmacist

I would like to purchase triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1%

Customer Question

I would like to purchase triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1% cream for my husband's severe summer skin itch that he gets every year, without a prescription. Is this possible?
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Pharmacist can help you best.
Customer: My husband is very active and sweats easily. Whenever it gets warm (we live in Southern California in the US), he gets a severe rash on his feet. This cream has been the only thing which seems to help. He does not want to visit our doctor again and pay for a doctors visit just to get this cream prescription filled again. Thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pharmacist should know?
Customer: My husband is otherwise healthy - no pre-existing medical conditions. He is 58 and very active (rides bicycle and weight lifts regularly). He has to wear heavy workboots which doesn't help his foot rash problem when it is warm.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
Hi there!
Please allow me a moment to read and fully understand your question :)
Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
If he gets it only on his feet, then I would use Lotrimin (OTC) along with Hydrocortisone 1%. I live in CA myself, and that is the best combo for someone with the symptoms of your husband. Also to consider antifungal powder to keep the feet as dry as possible.
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
Triamcinolne 0.1% is Rx only. Same class as hydrocortisone. Slightly stronger.
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
I am sure he will get the same relief if not more from the combo I suggested :)
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
if you still would like the same cream, on, we unfortunately can't prescribe. However, I can definitely refer you to reputable and secured website(s) that should be able to help with prescriptions as they do offer online MD and prescription services. They can also call in a prescription to your local pharmacy.
Please try
Certain CVS pharmacies have a clinic on site know as the "Minute Clinic." You can try them or also try any local urgent care clinic. Please let me know if you need help with locating any nearest clinic. Hope this helps :)
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
I strive to provide quick, accurate, and thoughtful answers to questions on topics I know well. Once fully satisfied, then please kindly rate my answer :)
Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 5 months ago.
Checking back to ensure you have no other questions. If no further questions, then please rate my answer. Take care.