Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I was issued a script oxycodone tablets 1 every 4hours

Customer Question

I was issued a script for 30mg oxycodone tablets 1 every 4hours for 30 days.. on the 9th. but the prior month I was on 30 and 15mg 1 every 4 hours.. the doctor wrote me a new script for 30 mg oxy 150 quan.. 1 tablet every 4 hours.. also says may fill for chronic pain 25 day/30 day supply... the doctor said since we are increasing the dosage I should have no issues filling but I don't want to look like a addict and I feel the pharmacist looks at me weird already..
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 6 months ago.
Based on what you told me the earliest your new script would be able to be filled would be around June 1 to June 3rd. since you last filled it on the 5-09-16. If you have any trouble filling the prescription on those dates I would suggest you have the pharmacist call your physician to verify you can fill the prescription on those dates. Ultimately your physician is who determines when you can fill your prescription. If you pharmacist refuses then go to another pharmacy. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.
Expert:  William Pflugfelder replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoonYour local pharmacist will be able to best determine when your next fill is due as he/she has your history and is best informed to make that decision. As you are aware oxycodone is tightly controlled and your pharmacist has little leeway.
Please read my answer and rate it if you need any further assistance let me know thanks.