Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

I have bladder urgency and pain...spasms and the feeling

Customer Question

i have bladder urgency and pain...spasms and the feeling like I always have to pee. I went to urologist and gynocologist. she put me on Oxybuytnin 5mg/3 a day and he gave me Vesicle 5mg. I felt NO relief from Vesicle at all! but the Oxy one seems to really work. just have to take more often. I'm so freaked out about this happening to me out of nowhere. I'm super fit 46 year old. will it go away?
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Pharmacist should know?
Customer: I have had 2 urinary surgeries (obstructed uretures when I was a child) 2 C sections and a tummy tuck...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 5 months ago.
Hi! I'm Dr. Bridget. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.Overactive bladder (OAB) can be a problem for a lot of women. Oxybutynin and Vesciare have the same mechanism of action and so it is recommended to only use one or the other, but not both. Since you are getting better effects from the Oxybutynin, consider asking your doctor to use the extended release formulation with your next prescription fill. That way you won't have to take it as often and have a lower risk of side effects.Will the overactive bladder ever go away? It is possible that it may. Did your doctor talk to you about training your bladder to wait longer between bathroom visits? This is a way to "cure" OAB.Please fee free to reply with further questions or concerns at any time. I will be here to help:)
Hi! How are things going with the overactive bladder treatment? Have you tried the bladder training yet?