Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Is 5mg xanax too much to take? JA: The Pharmacist will need

Customer Question

is 5mg xanax too much to take?
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Pharmacist can help you best.
Customer: Not much info. I'm presribed xanax but my anxiety has been bad lately and lately i've just been feeling down and wanting it to fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: i'm diagnosed bipolar and major depressive disorder
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 5 months ago.
Hi! I'm Dr. Bridget.If you have been taking Xanax already at a dose that is close to 5mg, it shouldn't be a problem due to tolerance. Is 5 mg a one time dose or a total daily dose? How much to you normally take per day?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I usually take 2 mg a day
Ok, and the 5 that a one time dose or spread throughout the day?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took it as a one time does after feeling super anxious
You will be ok. Probably feel more drowsy than normal.I would not recommend repeating another dose for at least 12 hours...let the 5 mg work out of your system so that you are safe to take another dose tomorrow. Typically you would want to go up on the dose more slowly so you don't get side effects, but doing this one time should not be an issue for you.Please reply with further questions.If done for now, a positive rating is much appreciated so I get credit for helping you this evening. Thanks!
Hi! How did everything go with the Xanax? Please fee free to reply at any time with further questions or concerns or just to let me know how things turned out. I will be here to help:)