Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

How long after taking a Vicodin can I take some Benadryl. I'm

Customer Question

How long after taking a Vicodin can I take some Benadryl. I'm currently taking prednisone for an ulcerative colitis flare and was prescribed Vicodin for the pain and to help sleep from the prednisone. I think I took the Vicodin a little early and when I felt drowsy I didn't go straight to bed. Now it's a little over 3 hours later and I'm wide awake. Previously doctors suggested Benadryl to of set the insomnia from the prednisone which is a side effect I always get.
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: I was also put on Cipro and flagyl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 6 months ago.
Hi! I'm Dr. Bridget.There are no concerns about taking Benadryl with or shortly after Vicodin. No major interactions to be worried about and safe to combine.Please feel free to ask further questions. I am standing by:)If done for now, a positive rating is much appreciated.
Hi! How did things go with the Benadryl?Hopefully, my advice was helpful to you and you got a good night's sleep.