Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained in Pharmacology

Does melatonin interact with Zoloft? Can I take melatonin together

Customer Question

Does melatonin interact with Zoloft? Can I take melatonin together with Benzodiazipine for sleep?
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Pharmacist can help you best.
Customer: I have trouble sleeping with Nitrazipine 5mg together with Diazipam 5 Mg and take Zoloft 50 mg in the morning. Can I add 3 Mg Melatonin with B6 to my Benzos?
JA: Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: I take Saw Palmeto for my BPH
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
1)there is no interaction between melatonin and zoloft2)yes you can use it with a benzo for sleeplet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.