Dr. Cooper
Dr. Cooper, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92589141

My doctor retired I can't afford $300 @ his replacement just

Customer Question

My doctor retired I can't afford $300 @ his replacement just to get a prescription for my blood pressure medication. Can you help.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 7 months ago.
If you let me know where you live I can look up local physicians and clinics for you to call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK so this was a waste of money. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,
I understand your frustration. Just Answer is a risk free site. Please feel free to request a full refund from customer service.
In the meantime, I would like to suggest some options as I would not like you to be without your BP medication.
If you bring in your Rx bottle to your local pharmacy, the pharmacist should give you a 3-5 days worth of medication to hold you over till they can get a prescription from your MD.
You can also try a local Urgent Care as the wait there is much shorter than the ER.
Some CVS pharmacies also offer an on site Clinic called Minute Clinic and is very affordable. I believe they charge $40-50 per visit.
One site is also used to offer refills. I would give that a try as well
www.quickrxrefill.com
And it is very affordable to get your Rx filled at Wal Mart. Lisinopril for 30 days should be on their $4 list as it is a very common drug.
Please let me know if you need any more assistance.
Again, I am sorry for any misunderstanding about our services.
I strive to provide quick, accurate, and thoughtful answers to questions on topics I know well. Once fully satisfied, then please kindly rate my answer  :)