Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I am having swollen nasal passages, my sinuses are irritated,

Customer Question

I am having swollen nasal passages, my sinuses are irritated, I am breathing through my mouth for ~5days now so I am getting a sore throat. Can't sleep. Went to Prompt Care and was told to take Allegra (180mg) antihistamine and use Nasacort. Have been using the generic Allegra for 3 days now and no relief. Can I take a generic
sudafed
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Pharmacist should know?
Customer: the generic Sudafed is a 12 hour, the Allegra is a 24 hr and I took it at 12 noon yesterday. I am allergic to aspirin, keflex, eurithromycin (sp?), Levaquin and Bactrim. I am experiencing some bronchial irritation as well. 59 y.o. female about 5'7", 155 lbs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 7 months ago.
Yes its fine to take Sudafed with the other medications. Hopefully this fully answers your question once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.