Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I'm looking Dr. who may be willing to give me a script /2 mg. of Kolo

Customer Question

I'm looking for a Dr. who may be willing to give me a script for 1/2 mg. of Kolopin for anxiety. I'm on Effexor, very low dose 37.5
I have an elderly mother n a nursing home who is not doing well. The Effexor helps. But I'm still full of anxiey, I don't take any other meds. I have trouble sleeping. But do not want want a prescription sleep med. Afraid of them. I have tried a 1/2 mg of Kolopin and I get a full nights rest.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 7 months ago.
Hi Linda,I'm Dr. Bridget. I am sorry that you are so anxious...not a good feeling I know. Because Klonopin is a controlled substance, you will not be able to get it online legally. I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, but I hope it will save you the time of further searching to know this. Would the physician who prescribes you Effexor be able to help? Given you current situation, I am sure you could get something for a short time to help you sleep. If not, I could help you find another physician in your area. Please reply with any further questions or concerns. I am standing by and happy to help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have asked my Dr. and explained my reasons and they will not give the kolipin they tell me to increase my effexor which I don't want to do. And that doesn't help me sleep.
I agree. Although increasing your Effexor may help some with anxiety, it will not help you get that sleepy feeling. Did you want me to help search for another physician in your area?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, please. Thank you
No problem...what is your zip code?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
08406
Thanks...I will get searching. Will you be using insurance? I can be sure the physician will accept it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I have Horizon NJ Health
Ok, I will enter that and find a couple of top rated physicians to choose from who treat acute insomnia. Please stand by...
Here are some options:1) Family MedicineDr. Richard Kader, DO1423 Tilton Rd Ste 3Northfield, NJ 082252) Family MedicineDr. ***** ***** Jr., MD415 Chris Gaupp Dr Ste 2Galloway, NJ 082053) Internal MedicineDr. Brian A. Geraci, MD401 Bethel RdSomers Point, NJ 082444) Family MedicineDr. Marna Cutler, DO1601 Tilton RdNorthfield, NJ 08225Please let me know if you need more options. My goal is your satisfaction today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you. The problem I have is when I ask for this certain med. they think I'm addicted. I'm a middle age woman who went thru menopause ten years ago have never had any drug or alcohol problems. It's seems just asking for 1/2 mg is such a big deal. I guess because I've never done any kind of meds. before I didn't realize what a big deal it was t get this. All I know is that it's the only thing that helps me sleep. I don't know how people walk around on it lol
You are very welcome! There are so many people in America who use medications like Klonopin for all the wrong reasons and so doctors have become pretty strict about prescribing them. It ruins it for the honest people like you and makes it hard to get appropriate treatment at times. I hope one of these physicians come through for you. I wish you all the best:)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Glad I could help today! Please feel free to ask any further questions on this thread. I will be happy to help.Hopefully, you have been satisfied with my service today. Please let me know by using the star rating scale above the chat box. Thanks for choosing Just Answer!
Hi Linda...how is everything going in selecting a physician? Did any of the options I gave you work out?