Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I am going on vacation 04/17/2016 - 06/15/2016. I will need

Customer Question

I am going on vacation 04/17/2016 - 06/15/2016. I will need a 2 month supply of all my medications including my schedule 11 drug "novac". Does my physician need to write a special note on the prescription for my vicodin? I will see my doctor at 11:39 today.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 7 months ago.
Hi Barbara,My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.Your physician can write a note on the script that the prescription may be filled early and/or call the pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist to authorize the early fill.Please let me know if you have further questions- I will be happy to respond. If done for now, please take a moment to rate my service. Thank you!
One more note...you may want to provide the pharmacy with official documentation of your travel plans (flight confirmations, hotel bookings, anything to prove you are going on vacation).
The pharmacist will reserve the right to refuse to fill a prescription, but providing evidence will certainly help. If all this fails, your physician can always increase the frequency on the script just so you can get enough medication to cover your vacation (ie if you take Vicodin every 12 hours, increase the frequency to every 6 hours on the script).
Hi Barbara,Just checking in to see if you were able to get the supply of medications you need for your vacation. Hoping I was able to help...thanks!Dr. Bridget