Dr. Cooper
Dr. Cooper, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92589141

How dangerous is zolpidem some girl I know gave me one 10 mg

Customer Question

How dangerous is zolpidem some girl I know gave me one 10 mg tablet of zolpidem and I'm not the type to normally take pills of any kind I don't like idea of taking something that has to run its coarse in my body before if out of my system unless it medicine antibiotics and suuch prescribed by my gp
Anyway I suffer from insomnia which my gp gave me some meds for a couple of times but never ambien and I've learned to sleep without the AIDS now big tonight u have a zolpidem And before I take it I wanna make sure of the possible lethalness of it if any ? I'm not allergic to any meds as far as I know
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 7 months ago.
HelloI am DR.Amita and I would be assisting you today with your concern.Zolpidem is a safe drug and is not lethal.5-10mg is the recommended dose though 5 mg is usually prescribed for women.For men 10mg is the usual dose just before bedtime.This is the initial answer.Please reply for any clarification.
Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 7 months ago.
It can be lethal when drug is combined with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
Otherwise, it is very safe and effective.
You should give Melatonin 3 mg (OTC) a try. More of a natural sleep aid. Works really well.
Best wishes :)
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 7 months ago.
It is true that zolpidem should not be combined with alcohol or other sedatives.Do take care regarding this.I would also inform you that melatonin is for short term use only and should not be used continuously longer than two weeks at a time.
Did Zolpidem help with sleep?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Haven't taken it yet cause I didn't wanna be groggy for work if I didn't get my eight hours after taking zolpidem but I may take it tomorrow due to fact I have to be up early again tomorrow ! I'll get back to you tho let you know how it worked
I would take it 1-2 hours before going to sleep to avoid next day grogginess if you need to wake up early.