Dr. Riaz
Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy
Experience:  Pharmacist

I am a 75 year old lady in very poor health ,mi. Have been

Customer Question

I am a 75 year old lady in very poor health ,mi. Have been diagnosed with Parkinson's for 14 years now and I freeze quite a lot every day . I also suffer with very bad acid reflux also , I went to my GP whilst awaiting a new Gp to join the practice and I told him I really felt so very ill , I was so tired even my bones are very sore and painful it even hurt me to get into bed ,
I have an ovarian cyst but it's not grown in the last six months so they are leaving it
But I went to another dr in the practice and told him all the things that after reading up about it , I would have thought he would have thought that I had Vit d deficiiency but he sent me for an X-ray ,scan, and MRI ,so he said when after all these rests he said to wait to get to know my dr then tell him about how I felt ,
He got a lot of blood tests done and he said you should be pleased at least he could give me something to make n me feel better and gave me Fultium D , 800 IU , one a day and have another blood test in as month then when it got better to go on a maintenance dose , but after reading a Forum I don't think it is enough as my left leg is so very swollen right from the top ,my knee is really swollen and my bones are really painful , I don't know what f to do I have now developed a dreadful cold and if it wasn't for my dog I would seriously think of ending it all I am so miserable I just keep getting worse . It's a oldish still Sunday and Monday to go but without knowing the level that it is I can't find out if I am on the correct dose and now this awful cold I don't think I can put up wit it anymore , my daughter said buy extra over thre counter but that didn't seem the righ answer . I suppose I could ask to see a private Dr but that is not going To please him
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your health problems. I would suggest to stay on the current dose and see the doctor and discuss increasing the dose.
Swollen legs could be hear related and need to be put on water pill to bring the swelling down.
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 7 months ago.
Your dose is low though. It needs to be Fultium 20,000 IU indicated for use in adults, the elderly and adolescents.
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 7 months ago.
Treatment of vitamin D deficiency: 40,000 IU/week (2 capsules) for 7 weeks, followed by maintenance therapy (equivalent to 1,400-2,000 IU/day, such as 2-3 capsules per month, may be required.
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 7 months ago.
I would wait and ask your doctor on Monday to increase the dose to full therapeutic level.
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 7 months ago.
I strive to provide quick, accurate, and thoughtful answers to questions on topics I know well. Once fully satisfied, then please kindly rate my answer  :)Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 7 months ago.
Checking back to be sure if you don't have any other questions. If no further questions, then please rate my answer. I only get credit for helping when it is rated :)
Expert:  Dr. Riaz replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

Did your new GP change the dose?