Dr. Cooper
Dr. Cooper, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92589141

I am a 24 year old female who has gained about 130 pounds in

Customer Question

I am a 24 year old female who has gained about 130 pounds in the last year. I am healthy, but have an extremely underactive thyroid, which is not responding to Synthroid. Besides being uncomfortable with my appearance now, I need to lose this weight so that I don't face other health issues in the future, due to being 257 pounds now. I have tried exercise and drinking a lot of water, as well as maintaining a healthy diet. I am looking to be put on a prescription weight lose medication, realizing that it is a short term option. I feel that it would be the kick-start that I need, as well as my body, to get on track for a healthier life. Is there any prescription weight loss medication that you would be willing to prescribe me? -Christina Coker
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 8 months ago.
Hi Christina!
I understand your concern and will help explore your options including a prescription for weight loss.
On JustAnswer.com, we are unable to prescribe medications. However, I can definitely refer you to some reputable websites that might be able to help with prescriptions as they do offer MD online service. They can also call it in to your local pharmacy.
Please let me know if you are interested in that website link? :)
Have you taken thyroid on an empty stomach? First thing on the morning?