Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I suffer with a lot of chronic pain ibuprophen no longer

Customer Question

I suffer with a lot of chronic pain ibuprophen no longer works.With the drug abuse of pain relievers will I have to look outside the US for help?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi William,

I am Dr. Bridget and I will be helping you today.

If you have no history of abusing narcotic pain medicines, getting a prescription from your primary care physician OR pain management specialist should not be an issue. They will likely want to run some tests to see if they can fix the problem, but are typically ok with using narcotics (at least in the short-term) to give you some relief. Also, there are other non-narcotic prescriptions that can treat chronic pain.

Please reply with any follow-up questions...I will be happy to respond:)

If you have no further questions for now, please take a moment to rate my service using the star scale. Thank you!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
History of injuries Brocken skull neck left shoulder ripped left bicep dislocated right hip broken left left priapism neck fusion most recent knee surgery and migraines. I have been prescribed opiates but don't like the side effects lyraca made hands mouth and feet swell finally found 50mg tramadal my family doctor won't prescribe as she says it may be addictive.She is a new doctor as my old doctor lost his practice I won't be returning to her and will contact my insurance to make a complaint.I really don't know where to turn I have trouble functioning with the pain and as a nuclear worker this is not just bad for me but a 50 mile radius.

Most physicians do not have a problem with Tramadol. It is less addictive than opioid pain medicines and not as strong. Given the extent of your injuries, it is not unreasonable for you to require this type of medication. Although you did not react well to Lyrica, other medicines like Cymbalta, Effexor or Elavil may also be useful. I recommend finding a new doctor. I would be happy to search for some internal medicine or pain management doctors in your area if that helps.

Hi! Just checking in to see how things are going with obtaining the Tramadol you need. Did you want assistance in finding a top rated physician in your area who can help?

Hi William,

Any luck with the Tramadol yet?

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in any way.

If you have no further questions, please take a moment to rate my service using the star scale. Thank you!

Dr. Bridget

Hi William,

Any luck with the Tramadol yet?

Dr. Bridget