John Wininger
John Wininger,
Experience:  Pharmacist at wuesthoff
12059593

Can adderal and vyvanse be taken together? My younger sister

Customer Question

Can adderal and vyvanse be taken together? My younger sister been perscribed adderal and was switch to vyvanse 30 mg and I think she taken the two together now and I'm concerned for her ..
Is this safe to do? Im guessing it's not good but will she have a reaction or get sick? I'm worried the two together will cause a over dose or something ..
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  John Wininger replied 9 months ago.

How old is your sister? and what dose of Adderall did she take?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She is 24. I believe the adderal is the 30mg. She not living with me any longer so I can't checked.
Right after I hit submit I remembered it's the adderal that is 30mg not the vyvanse I'm unsure of the new dose of the vyvanse but.. I think it's higher maybe 50mg..

In the long term it can be dangerous. In the short term, there is likely no need to worry. It can lead to heart tremors and can affect the way the heart beats. Assuming she has no cardiac conditions and that she does not take both regularly, she will just lose her appetite, get sweaty palms, and won't sleep very well.

Is there anything else you were concerned about?

Please remember to leave a good rating. I am happy to follow up with any additional questions.

Thank you.