Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Have had a cold 5 days now has progressed to a ear ache at

Customer Question

Have had a cold for about 5 days now has progressed to a ear ache at night. What can I do to help and clear up. Do you do scrips for me to get at my local pharmacy?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

We do not do scripts online, but there are some other sites I can recommend that do provide prescriptions. Over the counter medications may help. Sudafed was a great start as this will help drain excess mucous from your sinuses and thus prevent it from going into your ears. There are some earache drops you can get without a prescription like Hylands Earache Drops. Please let me know if you would like suggestions on prescription sites or if you have any further questions/comment.

You could also try an antihistamine like Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, etc to see if that will help dry up some of the mucus. You can combine Sudafed, an antihistamine and the ear ache drops to help get you through until your cold symptoms resolve. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance! Thanks!

Hi Greg...just checking in to see how you are feeling. Did you end up trying any of the treatments I recommended?