Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

My doctor prescribed Claritin D 24hr and singular allergy

Customer Question

My doctor prescribed Claritin D 24hr and singular for my allergy and upper respiratory problem. I have taken the Alavert 6 hr and have no problem with it but for some reason this Claritin D 24 hr makes me very jittery and unable to sleep well. Thought maybe if I just took half it would be better?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well. keep getting upper respiratory infections and also have animal and outdoor allergies. Irritation almost constantly in in throat and nose.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pharmacists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 9 months ago.

I wouldn't suggest doing half as it is extended release. I would suggest plain claritin instead as the pseudoephedrine is what is making you jittery.

Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

You can buy Claritin D 12 hours, but take it once a day in the morning. Also add liquid Benadryl 1 teaspoon at bedtime. Rest assured your allergies will be gone in no time.

Also consider Alavert aka Claritin without the D part and buy pseudoephedrine 30 mg OTC. Then take one of each in the morning.

Claritin D 24 hours has 240 mg of pseudoephedrine.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need to get your questions answered to your satisfaction :)

Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy

And continue Singular to prevent allergy attacks.

Singulair 10mg in the evening

I strive to provide quick and accurate answers. Please kindly rate my answer once fully satisfied :)
Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy

Checking back to see if you need further assistance. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.