Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Can I get my prescription online? I 't have insurance

Customer Question

Can I get my prescription online? I don't have insurance anymore...
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carolyn,

Depending on what the medication is, it may be possible. JustAnswer does not provide prescriptions, but I would be happy to refer you to other sites that do. Please let me know if you are interested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just lost my insurance as of Jan 1st... Not sure what to do without paying an arm and leg

I am sorry to hear that and I agree it can be pricey. Online physician services may be the way to go to save you some money. It is often cheaper than paying for an office visit and they can provide prescriptions for some medications to be filled at your local pharmacy. There are services that you can pay a subscription for (this would be if you want to use them as your primary care provider) or pay per visit (this would be more of a short-term solution). Which of these would interest you?

Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carlyn,

Please go to www.amwell.com and I am sure you will be able to get a prescription. Hope this helps.

Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy

Expert:  Dr. Cooper replied 1 year ago.

For cost comparison, you can also check out a few other telemedicine websites www.memd.me OR www.mdaligne.com in addition to www.amwell.com. Not all 50 states allow online MD prescriptions, but most do. They should be able to tell you if your state allows online Rxs. Check out the link below for more detail. Good luck. :)

https://amwell.com/cm/blog/can-i-get-a-prescription-from-an-online-doctor/

Hi Carolyn,

Just checking in to see if you are interested in taking the telemedicine route to get your prescription. I haven't heard back from you since posting my response. I would be happy to answer any follow-up questions...just reply:) Thank you!