Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to find out why certain

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to find out why certain drugs have been prescribed for a friend of mine in South Africa. It is likely that he has been diagnosed as HIV+, but says the doctor hasn't told him anything. My friend says he thinks his CD4 count is 96. On his latest visit to the clinic he has been prescribed Panamor AT50 + Ilvitrim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The problem is that my friend seems confused. His English is not great and he claims the doctors are not telling him what is wrong with him.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pharmacy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for the question.

1) Panamor(generic name diclofenac) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammotory drug (NSAID) which is used to treat pain.

2) Ilvitrim (generic name sulfomethoxazole/trimethoprim) is used to treat or prevent infections.

These medications can be used in many types of diseases and are not exclusive to HIV or AIDS, but Ilvitrim is frequently used in HIV or AIDS patients to prevent respiratory infections.

Just checking in to see how is everything going with your friend. Was your question fully answered? Follow-up questions, if you have any, are free of charge!

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating...thank you:)

Hi! Everything going ok with your friend? My goal is excellent customer service so please let me know if there are any follow-up questions.

Hi! Just checking in to see how things are going with the Panamor and Ilvitrim. I took extra care in reviewing these medicines in relation to the situation you inquired about and would appreciate some feedback.

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 9 months ago.

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating as this is how I get credit for helping you. Thank you:)