Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I have a uti that is resistant to most antibiotics except

Customer Question

Customer: I have a uti that is resistant to most antibiotics except Bactrim. I've tried taking Bactrim for a uti before and had vomiting. The doctor is now prescribing Zofran to be taken with it. Will Zofran really help this problem. I also take high blood pressure meds.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I took Bactrim before for a UTI within 4-6 hours I started throwing up. My doctor tells me Bactrim is the only med that will treat the type of UTI that I have.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pharmacy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 11 months ago.

Hi thanks for the questions. Taking both Zofran and bactrim can lead to Qt prolongation. It is a minor to moderate risk if you don't have arrhythmia or taking other Qt prolonging causing drugs.