Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Is it ok 104 old father to take Dramamine sickness. He's

Customer Question

Is it ok for my 104 old father to take Dramamine for motion sickness. He's had motion sickness for most of his life but I just want to make sure there are no contra indications because of his age. He only takes vitamins and minerals and is not on any meds.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi! Using Dramamine to temporarily reduce motion sickness is ok. Dramamine does have some side effects that are undesirable in the elderly (confusion, sedation, constipation, urine retention), but would be more likely to cause a problem if he was taking it routinely.

If you have follow-up questions, I will be happy to respond. Please don't forget a positive rating if this info answered your question:)

Thanks,

Dr. Bridget,PharmD,CGP

Hi! Is your question about Dramamine still important to you? I see that the answer I have posted for you has not yet been viewed. Please take a moment to review:

Using Dramamine to temporarily reduce motion sickness is ok. Dramamine does have some side effects that are undesirable in the elderly (confusion, sedation, constipation, urine retention), but would be more likely to cause a problem if he was taking it routinely.

Thanks,

Dr. Bridget,PharmD,CGP

Hello...did your dad end up trying Dramamine? Everything go ok?

Please don't forget a positive rating...thank you.