Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Small paper cuts on the inside skin of my penis

Customer Question

Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joel,

Your question is currently in the pharmacy section. If you need a medical doctor, please let me know so I can have it moved to medical. Are you looking for a way to heal these cuts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Small cuts that resemble a paper cut on the penis could be from friction (like during intercourse) and are generally not a cause for concern. Keep the area clean daily and wear cotton (breathable) undergarments. You can use over the counter Neosporin ointment up to 4 times a day until healed.

If you have follow-up questions, I will be happy to respond. If this information helped you, a positive rating is much appreciated:)

Regards,

Dr. Bridget,PharmD,CGP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paper cuts have occurred with out me having sex and I also have a dischrge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I have balanoposthitis

If uncircumcised, it is possible, but only with some/all of the following symptoms (you have lesions and discharge, so yes it is possible):

• Red, damp unelevated lesion on the glans and foreskin
  • Soreness
  • Irritation
  • Redness of the penis
  • Painful penis and prepuce
  • Rashes around the penis
  • Presence of discharge beneath the prepuce
  • Tightening of the foreskin or phimosis
  • Foul smelling discharge
  • Apparent ulcerations
  • Unusual enlargement of the lymph nodes over the groin area
  • Fatige
  • Low back pain
  • Anxiety

You can use an over the counter steroid cream (like hydrocortisone) until you can get to a doctor for a diagnosis (which might require antibiotics). A diagnosis and treatment from on online physician service may also be possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get medication for it

You can use over the counter steroid cream like hydrcortisone to reduce inflammation. Once a diagnosis is confirmed by a doctor, prescription antibiotics may be necessary...you can do this via an online physician service or a visit to your PCP or local urgent care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hydrcortisone may cure me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or do I have to attend to s doctor

It may cure it depending on the cause. Finding out the cause is the reason you would need to see a doctor. It could just be irritation from soap and/or poor hygeine, for example, OR it could be bacterial of fungal (which would require prescription medication). If you don't want to see a doctor in person, there are online services that accept insurance (or credit if you don't have insurance) and can prescribe antibiotics (if necessary).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get a doctor on line

Check out www.virtuwell.com. They offer online diagnostic consultations, antibiotic prescriptions if necessary and accept insurance or credit.

Hi Joel,

Just checking in to see if that website I recommended was able to diagnose and treat your condition?

Regards,

Dr.Bridget,PharmD,CGP

Hi Joel,

I wanted to follow-up with you to see if you tried hydrocortisone cream for you condition. If so, any relief yet?

Regards,

Dr.Bridget,PharmD,CGP

Hi Joel...did you get your condition treated? Feeling better now?

Please don't forget a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 11 months ago.

Hi Joel,

I never heard back from you regarding your question about small paper cuts on the inside of the penis. Were you able to hydrocoristone cream?

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I may get credit for helping you. Thank you:)