Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I have been on Ritalin (narcolepsy), Seroquel (BiPolar

Customer Question

I have been on Ritalin (narcolepsy), Seroquel (BiPolar Disorder), Vicodin + Valium (severe fibromyalgia)
Klonopin (sleep) for the last 10 years, after nearly 15 years of trial and error with every medication, changing dosages, but not tolerated. There are NO medications compatible with Seroquel, they cause me nightmares, depression, insomnia, hallucinations, muscular spasms, etc. The only thing that works is a
combination of Benzodiazepines (same family, no drug interactions, actually compliment each other). My doctor lost his license prescribing for me. (The pharmacist turned him in). Now, I can't get my new doctor (husband & wife) to prescribe any benzos. I have written to the Dept. of Health - Board of Pharmacy asking for "permission" to continue on my current medications. I had a falling out with my psychiatrist. Waited 3 1/2 hours on more than 4 occasions, least wait 1 1/2 hours for 5 minutes of his time to just write RX. He did not care about me at all. What is the best course of action to be able to stay on my meds?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

If your current physician will not continue you on the medications you were on previously I would suggest you look for a different physician willing to continue the medications you were on previously. Hopefully this helps answer you question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She cannot prescribe, the pharmacy will NOT fill the Rx, writes on them not to fill them so I can't go to another pharmacy. She has asked me to get another Psychiatrist that can help her with my medications, but the pharmacy under No circumstances will fill my prescriptions for Valium. Klonopin and Ativan because they are all in the same family, in addition to Ritalin and Vicodin. I realize this is not standard procedure, but, here in Florida I have had difficulties over the last year getting my medications, now I just can't - they are NOT able to prescribe 3 benzodiazepines without consequence. I already had 1 doctor lose his license for writing for me. I need special permission from the Government before the doctor or the pharmacy will fill my prescriptions. Can the Board of Pharmacy give me permission (I also wrote to my Congressman and Governor). I have saved enough medication to get me through another month or so, but winter is my worst time and quickly approaching. I NEED HELP

I would suggest if your state laws will not allow more than one benzodiazepam that you change to only one such as Klonopin only and take it more times per day and drop the Valium or vice versa. Just FYI this must be a Florida state regulation as most states do not have these limits. If your situation becomes not bearable you may need to consider moving to another state.

Checking back to see if you need further assistance. At your convenience please rate my answer. Thanks.