Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

Can Zoloft which was taken 25mg each day then I ghery dose

Customer Question

Can Zoloft which was taken 25mg each day then I highery dose to 50mg and 2 days later my tongue was swollen and since starting this medication I had a tingling feeling my fingers
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. Swollen tongue is not a typical side effect that is associated with Zoloft. It can be a sign of analphylatic allergic reaction that is why you stop taking the Zoloft until you talk to your doctor.

It usually takes about a month for the clinical effects of Zoloft to kick in so it is ok to wait for your doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a drug I could take instead like celexa I only took 10 mg and it helped me a lot... Do you know how long I would have to wait till I could start celexa
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

If you are switching to celexa, there is no need to wait. You can start the next day.