Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

Had a large staph infection under my chin that went up along

Customer Question

Had a large staph infection under my chin that went up along my jaw up to my ear. Over time forms a hard cyst that is painful and causes my ears to ring. Have been using bactroban for over ten years. Infection has gone down but only if I pierce it and let it drain. Any thoughts
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi Howard, thanks for the question. Since this is staph infection, you need to work closely with your doctor on which antibiotics to use. If the infection is internal, you will need oral or injection antibiotics. Since staph is known to develop resistance, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic that is effective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That is what I am doing. Just wanted confirmation that I was on the right path
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Yes , that is the best to thing.