Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

How many alprazolam 0.25 tabs would cause death?

Customer Question

how many alprazolam 0.25 tabs would cause death?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

Before I answer I would like to clarify why you are asking. Thanks for the question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because 12$ has been charged to my credit card, and I want the the answer. otherwise I will dispute the $12

I can tell you that death from xanax alone is not common during a overdose situation. In studies the LD 50 (the amount of xanax to kill 50% of rats studied) is 3000 to 4000mg/kg. This would mean that 3000 to 4000mg/kg of body weight was needed to kill 50% of the rats in the study. So lets say you take an average human who weighs 160 lbs this is equal to 72 kg so 218,000 mg of xanax would be needed. What I am showing you is that xanax alone dose not cause death easily in humans. Xanax overdose does cause somnolence, confusion, impaired coordination, diminished reflexes, and coma, but death is not reported often. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for the question.

Checking back to see if you need any further assistance with your question. Once satisfied please let me know how I did answering your question. Thanks.