Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

My 5 year old autistic son has pneumonia and has been

Customer Question

My 5 year old autistic son has pneumonia and has been prescribe e-mycin 400mg suspension . I can not disguise the horrible taste in anything and can not get him to take it. Is there an alternative to this that tastes better or is more easily disguised in his favourite drink ? Thank you
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. An alternative would have been Azithromycin suspension, the taste is alot better. Another option is to check and see if your pharmacy offers flavor enhancements on liquid drugs. That can make a big difference in the taste.