Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I was given samples of Strattera by my physician to try of

Customer Question

Hello. I was given samples of Strattera by my physician to try for symptoms of adult ADD. I am also currently taking Effexor 150mg daily. I am concerned about taking these concurrently. I also take medication to control hypertension.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. Yes both medications can be taken together. There is no drug drug interaction between the two.

Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

if you have additional question, feel free to ask.

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

I have a different interpretation of your question. Strattera may add to or worsen the side effects associated with Effexor. It is possible that this combination could lead to a dangerous arrhythmia called torsades de pointes. This combination could also lead to increase blood pressure and heart rate. Please ensure that your physician is aware of both medications and the proper monitoring is in place to keep you safe while on this combo.