Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I want to get female viagra prescribed to me by my family

Customer Question

I want to get female viagra prescribed to me by my family doctor. What is the name of the drug? I am located in Toronto Canada
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. Fibanserin was recently approved in the USA to treat sexual dysfunction in premenopausal women. Depending on your medical history and condition, your doctor might take a different approach like stopping certain medications that decreases sex drive in patients.

If you are still interested, talk to your doctor about it.

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Addyi, aka Female Viagra, is only approved in the US. Canadian physicians are not able to prescribe this medication and Canadian pharmacies will not stock it. Because of a potentially serious reaction with alcohol, Addyi is only permitted to be prescribed through certified health care prescribers and certified pharmacies (this is called a REMS drug) in the US at this time. Unfortunately, you will not be able to get this medication through your family doctor in Canada.