Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I'm having a tummy tuck on the 8th and I accidentally took

Customer Question

I'm having a tummy tuck on the 8th and I accidentally took my Phendimetrazine this morning, so I am wondering if I go under general anesthesia on the 8th, if I'm in danger
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. Phendimetrazine should be stopped several days prior to surgery due to its interaction with halogenated anesthetics. If you are taking the immediate release formulation, the medication should be out of your system within a day or less. If you take the extended release formulation, about 3 days for the medication to be out of your system. So either formulation you take, having surgery on the 8th should be ok.

Hello! I see that you viewed my answer to your question. If I was able to help, I would love to know! I truly value your opinion and feedback on the service I provided you. At your earliest convenience, please take a moment to drop me a line and/or use the rating scale provided on this thread. Please know that my service to you does not end here. This thread will stay active in case you have any additional questions regarding Phendimetrazine and general anesthesia.
Thanks in advance and have a great day!
Dr. Bridget