Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I have had a reaction to neosporin i was using reaction to a

Customer Question

I have had a reaction to neosporin i was using for a reaction to a bug bite in the form of an itchy rash that turned into a terrible infection. I just took bactrim for a chronic sinus infection and got a rash in my stomach, flu like symptoms, insomnia, diarrhea. Is there some similar property in both drugs?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

The ingredient you are likely allergic to in neosporin is the neomycin component you should still be able to use polysporin. The component of Bactrim you are allergic too is a sulfa component. The two are separate allergies and are not related. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.

Checking back to see if you needed further assistance with your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.