Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I had a sore throat that came back after amox/clav but

Customer Question

I had a sore throat that came back after amox/clav but cleared up great with clarithrom. But a secondary bacteria started eating a hole under my left tonsil. I was out of town. Then my family phys presc Keflex with no effect and then z pack with no effect and now back to clarithrom with no effect. What now
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. Do you know the bacteria that is causing the infection?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One place did a quick swab and the culture came normal bacteria and mono test was neg.
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

So you don't have information on the bacteria. Depending on the bacteria and culture, your doctor can prescribe antibiotics. Usually augmentin, zithromax, clarithromycin or clindamycin is prescribed for strep. Your best option now is to get a culture done to determine which antibiotic will work best for you.