Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I have chronic back pain due to injury and spinal stenosis

Customer Question

I have chronic back pain due to injury and spinal stenosis along with arthritis, i have been taking morphine for years and have had moderate to better relief, recently my physician has been reducing the number of tablets he prescribes, i haven't had time to adjust to the reduction before he makes another reduction.
My question is what else can i take that may help me get through the next week without my morphine.
I have been taking naproxen 220, aspirin 223 and vicadin 35-92 but with very little relief.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for the question. Over the coin wise, you can only add Extra strength Tylenol. But if you are working with your doctor to reduce the amount of morphine you are taking in a day, it will be a good idea to suggest that your doctor add a controlled release formulation like a patch. Fentanyl would be a good choice.