How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Drugdad Your Own Question
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 1727
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Drugdad is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic back pain due to injury and spinal stenosis

Customer Question

I have chronic back pain due to injury and spinal stenosis along with arthritis, i have been taking morphine for years and have had moderate to better relief, recently my physician has been reducing the number of tablets he prescribes, i haven't had time to adjust to the reduction before he makes another reduction.
My question is what else can i take that may help me get through the next week without my morphine.
I have been taking naproxen 220, aspirin 223 and vicadin 35-92 but with very little relief.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for the question. Over the coin wise, you can only add Extra strength Tylenol. But if you are working with your doctor to reduce the amount of morphine you are taking in a day, it will be a good idea to suggest that your doctor add a controlled release formulation like a patch. Fentanyl would be a good choice.

Related Pharmacy Questions