Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I am taking eliquis and multaq fib. would like to be

Customer Question

I am taking eliquis and multaq for a fib. would like to be able to use solomon seal as an herb tea for my stomach. any issues?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.
Soloman Seal would not be recommended for you. It contains cascara. This product has been declared unsafe by the FDA as chronic use can cause chronic constipation and other problems with the digestive system and in your case Potassium problems that can lead to interactions with antiarrhythmia medications used for a fib. I would suggest you avoid this herbal tea. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.
I would like to retract my statement above. Look on the ingredients in your tea cascara was taken out of most Solomon Seal tea. If Cascara is not an ingredient in your tea then you can safely use the tea. Sorry for the confusion but most Solomon Teas would be safe.