Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained in Pharmacology
55099014

I need to get a CBC with kidney and liver function test. However,

Customer Question

I need to get a CBC with kidney and liver function test. However, I just received a steroid shot in my cervical spine. Will that interfere with the testing or should I wait a couple of weeks?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
You should wait a couple weeks
The steroid will cause the CBC to be abnormal. I would give it time to come back to normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the reason for the kidney and liver tests is because I seem to have had a bad reaction to Simvastin.(really bad muscle pains in legs along with palpitations which have been getting longer and stranger rhythms) I had been assuming that the palpitations were due to Synthroid but both the pains and palpations went back to normal when I abruptly stopped taking the Simvastatin. The steroid injection is a seperate problem and I have done that before in the same place.
So, you say I should wait. OK, by the way, I am doing these tests with an online pharmacy because my PCP is unconcerned. My pharmacist seemed to think this should be looked into. I am taking his advice. Better safe than sorry. If I do the tests and they indicate no kidney or liver damage, then I can assume all is well. If they come out positive, can I assume that it is not to late for appropriate treatment?
Yes, I think both assumptions are accurate