Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I'm a 28 year old male and have been experiencing lower

Customer Question

I'm a 28 year old male and have been experiencing lower right to mid level pain in my abdominal. I have been on antibiotics for a month for acne, it is called Cefadroxil. I take two pills a day and i think each one is 500mg. I also drink on the weekends
which i know is not good and have recently stopped doing that. I also work out 5 times a week and maybe the pain could be from a pulled muscle. I guess my question is, could my liver be in pain from the drinking on the weekends and the antibiotic?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.
Alcohol will not effect the antibiotic. Cefadroxil does not effect the liver as it is excreted 90% unchanged in the urine. The pain is most likely from a strained muscle as you stated you work out a lot. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.
Let me know if I can assist you further. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks again.