Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I have a question about nucynta

Customer Question

I have a question about nucynta
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what question do you have about Nucynta?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suffer from extremely severe cramps the first 2 days of my period and discussed it with my ob gyn and because I had the gastric bypass surgery I can not take ibuprofen so they prescribed Celebrex which doesn't help because it is supposed to be time Released and because of my bypass it doesn't work as time released...so nothing has helped but my sister gave me a pain killer she uses and that eased the pain...I get drug tested at work randomly and I only take 4 pills once a month to get me through the 1st 2 unbearable days of cramping ...will it show up on a urine drug test? I have an appt to meet with my doc to see if she can just prescribe pain meds just for 2 days out of the month...I know that sounds ridiculous but I can't call in sick for work 2 days every month.
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
Since the drug test at your work is random, you shouldn't take the risk. Your best option is to talk to OB about getting prescribed a pain medication that will help you for those 2 days a month.
Nucynta is quick acting, meaning it should be out of your system fast like 2 days at most.