Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I was prescribed Desowen years ago skin on my lips.

Customer Question

i was prescribed Desowen years ago for dry skin on my lips. The condition would only occur a few times a year and the Desowen (Desonide)handled it very quickly. Is there an over the counter equivalent? I use it so infrequently that my bottle expired years ago and the dermatologist won't write a new script without an office visit which I really don't need. Any suggestions?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for the question.
There is no substitute over the counter for desonide. The closest thing would be hydrocortisone but I wouldn't recommend it for your lips. You can try Aquaphor Lip, it is one of the best over the counter treatment for dry lips.