Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained in Pharmacology
55099014

Im currently taking oxycodone sever neck damage. What

Customer Question

Im currently taking oxycodone for my sever neck damage. What I am taking isn't even touch the pain.
What is the difference between oxycodone 7.5 and oxycodone 30MG no acetaminophon
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
The 30 mg one is most likely a long acting version. So it is 4 times as powerful medication wise but it lasts longer.
It works throughout the day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if I had taken a 7.5 around 5 hours ago, How long should I wait to take the 30 based on me be prescribed the 7.5 every 4 hours? Being more powerful the 30 wont make me more loopy will it? Or is it just more powerful because its extended release? Should I avoid my 5MG Valiums with that?
I would wait 8 hours total before taking it and avoid valium with it.Hopefully it won't make you loopy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also would cutting it in half make less powerful?
you can't do that. It will erase the long acting coat on it. That will actually make it more powerful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So nothing to be worried about then? I get nervous when about stuff like this. Really can't wait for surgery to be done.
No, it should be ok. The 30 mg is long acting so it is less potent. You never know what the effects are going to be but it is usually ok