Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I was prescribed Ativan anxiety and have been

Customer Question

Hello I was prescribed Ativan for my anxiety and have been also prescribed hydrocodone 5mg for my scoliosis spinal fusion back pain. This morning I took my anxiety Ativan 1.5mg and then one hour ago took one hydrocodone to help relieve my back pain. I don't know if I should have taken both the same day or if I should seek medical help. Please help.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. It is safe to take alprazolam and hydrocodone together. The most important thing when the two drugs are combined is that the total dose not be high because the side effects of both drugs are additives. Meaning, when combined, it might lead to overdose.

Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
If you been taking the two doses before, you should be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a high dose? I'm really worried right now. Should I go to ER?
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
The dose you are taking it is not that high. High doses for alprazolam can be double what you are taking now.