Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I have been proscribed 2 antibiotics flare up of my deverticulitis:- metronide

Customer Question

I have been proscribed 2 antibiotics for a flare up of my deverticulitis:-
metronide to be taken 3 a day along with amoxycillin trihydrate/potassium clavulanate to be taken twice a day with meals.
I find I have finished the latter 2 days before the former will be finished.
I am not familiar with this kind of double antibiotic. Must I have mislaid one pack of the latter or is it normal for them to run out like this?
As it is Saturday night its a problem. Do I need to access a doctor and pharmacist tomorrow?
Jacqui.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that one antibiotic was to be ta***** *****er then the other. Does your directions specify how many days to take it? How many doses were prescribed of each? Yes it is normal to sometimes require two antibiotics to cover a full spectrum of bacteria.